I love the opportunity as a blogger to review items I can use with my kids for educational purposes. With two sons ages 4 and 8 being homeschooled this year I know we will have a lot of work ahead of us. The chance to prep my youngest son and review over the summer is a huge blessing.
Summer Fit: Exercises for the Brain and Body While Away from School is a great unit that covers basic concepts in Reading, Writing, Math, Fitness and Nutrition Values. Designed to be done over the summer as a supplement and review program it also preps the student for the coming school year.
I received the P-K program that was designed on a level that my 4 year old could understand and easily use. Although there are some reading concepts that are a bit elevated for him at this juncture, he was still able to sit down without my assistance and complete many of the basic letter/number pages in his own time.
Things we loved:
- The cool Albert Einstein cartoon that introduces each weeks activities
- The summer FIT program includes recommend exercises to do on a daily basis that get kids moving. They include basic things like going for walks, riding bikes, swimming and other activities that area easy to fit into a busy summer schedule
- Almost all of the counting activities also encourage coloring and color recognition
- All aspects blend well together with much crossover so that all the important concepts are covered over and over again in easy ways
- Having picked up many supplemental booklets and pieces of literature through the years to assist my boys in learning more and being prepared for the next school year, this one is by far the best laid out I have ever seen. Dividing into weekly units makes this program one that is easy to use and helps keep the kids from being overwhelmed and Mommy or Daddy on track. Often workbooks are divided solely into one unit of study or another (math, science, reading, colors). I loved that this book includes them all together and cross trains our children in the most important areas of development.
**Thanks to Media Guests for allowing me the opportunity to review this awesome kids program! I was not monetarily compensated for this review. I received the book mentioned within this post in exchange for my honest review and opinion on this blog.